The Boston College men’s lacrosse program, a member of the Continental Lacrosse Conference (CLC) Division I, has opened a search for a head coach starting with the 2019-20 season.
The new coach will replace Louie DeDonatis, who served as the Eagles’ head coach for the last three seasons. During that time, he posted an overall record of 23-15 (60.5%) and a 9-5 mark in conference play. DeDonatis gui
ded Boston College to the 2018 PCLL championship and a berth at the MCLA National Championships.
The head coach is responsible for the development and guidance of the team on and off the field. He or she should be passionate about the game of lacrosse and willing to put in the time and effort required to succeed in the MCLA. This is a part time commitment in the fall, winter and spring.
Desired Coaching Qualities
• Serves as leader and role model on and off the field
• Experienced and knowledgeable on the game of lacrosse
• Passionate about the game and driven to excel and win
• Ability to attend 3-4 practices a week in both fall and spring
• Willingness to travel to all home and away games on the weekends (both regionally and nationally)
• Develop coherent and productive practice plans
• Scout opposing teams and develop comprehensive game plans
• Maintain relationships with MCLA coaches to help officers plan competitive schedules
• Bachelor's degree
• Prior experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level
To apply, candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references to email@example.com.